Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Screenshots page
Screenshots page
Jun 1 2008, 5:17 am
By: MrrLL  

Jun 1 2008, 5:17 am MrrLL Post #1



I say we have a community page dedicated to in game Starcraft screenshots. Either a page that just generates a random screenshot uploaded by a user or a 'screenshot of the moment/day/week' type thing would be pretty cool. If not one of these, we could have a page with all user-uploaded shots with ratings and stuff.



None.

Jun 4 2008, 4:59 am MrrLL Post #2



3 days... a little attention?



None.

Jun 4 2008, 5:37 am Demented Shaman Post #3



I like this idea. A gallery of pictures would be nice.



None.

Jun 4 2008, 5:43 am A_of-s_t Post #4

aka idmontie

What type of pictures? Map/mod pictures? Melee pictures? Or just everything?



Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jun 4 2008, 7:26 pm Symmetry Post #5

(Killer_Kow)

Quote from A_of-s_t
What type of pictures? Map/mod pictures? Melee pictures? Or just everything?

Perhaps use a 'tag' system similar to the DLDB so one could search 'mod' and all the 'mod' screenshots would display, or something.



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jun 4 2008, 7:39 pm Polaris Post #6



Yeah, I think this could work out. Maybe like, a Picture of the Day sorta thing incorporated with it?



If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Jun 4 2008, 7:49 pm Twitch Post #7



Quote from Polaris
Yeah, I think this could work out. Maybe like, a Picture of the Day sorta thing incorporated with it?
I like the picture of the day idea.Maybe even add in a mix it with mods and maps.



None.

Jun 4 2008, 10:01 pm InsolubleFluff Post #8



Out of all the times i've backed up useless coding for moose and IP to do, this will be one of the rare few that I say... why the hell would we need a splash page for screenshots, let alone a screenshot of the day...



None.

Jun 4 2008, 10:27 pm Phobos Post #9

Are you sure about that?

Well, it's cool and nice looking. You see, as a website Tau needs people to use this forum. I like this idea as well. We could have a "fun" section too :P Although I don't see what funny pics can be found in SC/Maps/Mods, so I guess it wouldn't work



this is signature

Jun 4 2008, 10:36 pm InsolubleFluff Post #10



Would be a waste of space to have so many screenshots uploaded.



None.

Jun 5 2008, 3:30 am dumbducky Post #11



Regarding screenshots, can we have it so they don't change the page, but rather pop-up? I always hit back on accident (I used to close the tab and wonder where my SEN tab disappeared to), and then I have to click forward and then click the screenshot to go back to the thread.



tits

Jun 5 2008, 4:07 am InsolubleFluff Post #12



or just learn from your mistake?



None.

Jun 5 2008, 9:51 pm Corbo Post #13

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from name:Shocko
or just learn from your mistake?

No, it really is annoying.
I always close the damm tab too.



fuck you all

Jun 5 2008, 10:42 pm Falkoner Post #14



Mine just pops up, and when I click it a second time it goes away. Not too difficult :P



None.

Jun 5 2008, 11:57 pm New-Guy Post #15



I think this is a good idea. We should do this....

We could have a random pick of the day, a pwnage pick (Someone pwning others on a melee map or something...) and stuff like that.

This could be great.



None.

Jun 6 2008, 1:34 am MrrLL Post #16



I'm glad the majority thinks it'd be a great addition. Too bad these features depend on Moose's or IP's motivation..



None.

Jun 17 2008, 4:43 am Moose Post #17

Armor: 90.50%

I might code it.

What's the control on stopping some dumb kids from uploading 500 screenshots of stuff that nobody cares about?




Jun 17 2008, 4:51 am MrrLL Post #18



I can manage it and look through it to see if anything isn't acceptable, or choose a daily pic if you want to do a screenshot of the day type thing, whichever. A gallery would probably be better.



None.

Jun 17 2008, 3:17 pm Symmetry Post #19

(Killer_Kow)

Quote from name:Merrell
I can manage it and look through it to see if anything isn't acceptable, or choose a daily pic if you want to do a screenshot of the day type thing, whichever. A gallery would probably be better.

I'd also be up for the task.

(Yay, volunteering)



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet